Lothian 4×4 Response has a policy of continuous professional development as part of its commitment to both our team members and to user services
As such we have set a level of training necessary to become an active member of the team and have a training program that allows our members to both learn and develop these core skills further.
All our members as a minimum complete the following training :-
- Off Road Driver Training
- Basic First Aid Training
- Amateur Radio Foundation Licence
- On and Off Road Navigation
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Self Recovery Skills
- Navigation Skills
All Members are required to join the Disclosure Scotland Scheme (formerly PVG) before becoming operational. As a voluntary organisation, we can arrange this for free.
Our Members are encouraged to develop their skills and progress to a higher standard that will enhance their skills and that of the group.
- Intermediate / Advanced Radio Licence
- Advanced Off Road Driving Skills – (Lantra/ Borda)
- Advanced First Aid
- Vehicle Recovery / Assistance
- Advanced Motorist Institute training / test